Monday, February 9, 2015

Re: FW: 1955






 

 

 

 

 

Comments  made in the year 1955! 

 


I' ll  tell you one thing, if things
keep  going the way they are,
it  's going to be impossible to
buy  a week's groceries for $10.00.

 

 

 


 
 
 
Have  you seen the new cars
coming  out next year?  It won't
be  long before $1,000.00 will
only  buy a used one.  


 If  cigarettes keep going up in
price,  I'm going to quit; 20 cents
a  pack is ridiculous.


 
Did  you hear the post office is
thinking  about charging 7 cents
just  to mail a letter.

 

 

If  they raise the minimum wage
to  $1.00, nobody will be able to
hire  outside help at the store.


 When  I first started driving, who
would  have thought gas would
someday  cost 25 cents a gallon.
Guess  we'd be better off leaving
the  car in the garage.

I'm  afraid to send my kids to the
movies  any more.  Ever since they
let  Clark Gable get by with saying
DAMN  in GONE WITH THE WIND,
it  seems every new movie has
either  HELL or DAMN in it.


I  read the other day where some
scientist  thinks it's possible to put
a  man on the moon by the end of
the  century. They even have some
fellows  they call astronauts
preparing  for it down in Texas .


Did  you see where some baseball
player  just signed a contract for
$50,000  a year just to play ball?
It  would'nt surprise me if someday
they'll  be making more than the
President.


I  never thought I'd see the day
all  our kitchen appliances would
be  electric.  They're even making
electric  typewriters now.

 


It's  too bad things are so tough
nowadays.   I see where a few
married  women are having to
work  to make ends meet.


 


It  won't be long before young
couples  are going to have to hire
someone  to watch their kids so
they  can both work.


I'm  afraid the Volkswagen car
is  going to open the door to a
whole  lot of foreign business.


 Thank  goodness I won't live to
see  the day when the Government
takes  half our income in taxes.  I
sometimes  wonder if we are
electing  the best people to
government.


 
 The  fast food restaurant is
convenient  for a quick meal,
but  I seriously doubt they
will  ever catch on.


 
 There  is no sense going on short
trips anymore  for a weekend.  It
costs  nearly $2.00 a night to stay
in  a hotel.


 
 No  one can afford to be sick
anymore.   At $15.00 a day in
the  hospital, it's too rich for
my  blood.

 

 

If  they think I'll pay 30 cents
for  a haircut, forget it.


 
 
Be  sure and send it to your kids and grandkids,  too!

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 


This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com